It’s Flightdocs’ mission to keep our customers and colleagues armed with information. These FAQs range from common inquiries on the Flightdocs suite of solutions, to training, integrations and countering common misconceptions.
It takes only 1 click to pull up a Due List, which is a description of daily tasks with due dates and time remaining. This is the system’s most popular area.
It takes just .25-.5 seconds to download a report, depending on connection.
From start to finish, it takes users about 2 minutes to create large logbook entries.
Changes appear instantly. Because the system updates in real-time, changes are displayed for all users immediately.
No. Flightdocs built its software to be fully integrated, so that you only need to enter data one time for it populate in multiple areas. Effortlessly transfer data from a Work Order to an eLogbook, or apply the aircraft current times across multiple work cards during compliance updates. Whatever process you use, save time with automation and elimination of data re-entry.
Yes, they are, as are Work Orders and Purchasing. We use the term “integrated” to explain this feature. Essentially, as you enter data into one dashboard, the software integrates the information into all areas of the platform, streamlining the process and reducing redundancies.
The initial Enrollment process takes 30 days. Once live on the system, any compliance updates sent in will be applied and reviewed same-day.
When on-boarding a new customer, Flightdocs goes through a rigorous needs analysis and data review. You can read about the process here.
Yes. You can manage everything on your own, or rely on our team of expert analysts to input your data. It’s your decision
Yes. Rest assured that our team of aviation specialists monitor airworthiness directives (ADs) and service bulletins (SBs), apply maintenance schedule revisions, create links to the latest reference materials, and process compliance updates as needed.
Yes, both Enterprise and HMX are fully customizable. There are multiple ways to tag, label and customize items, then run custom reports on those labels.
Absolutely not. We can’t speak to the other providers, but we can tell you that Flightdocs’ customers have enjoyed an increased resale value. As explained by one Director of Maintenance on a 5-year sales cycle, , buyers are “more impressed” because Enterprise and HMX maintain pristine maintenance records and provide clean reports.
That is not true. As an aircraft owner/operator, you can choose any solution provider in the industry. Some OEMs provide maintenance tracking through a particular provider with delivery, however, Flightdocs can and does support your aircraft. If you are in the process of negotiating your contract for delivery, you can specify that you want Flightdocs. Call our offices today and we can explain the process and how we compare financially.
Absolutely. Flightdocs is proud to offer software solutions to the aviation industry that use the most advanced technology available. In fact, after three years and $6,000,000 in dedicated R&D, Flightdocs received the CenturyLink Innovention Award for an “innovative and creative technology solution [for an] industry-leading aircraft maintenance software platform.” And we’re not stopping there. We promise to stay cutting-edge, and currently have an additional $10,000,000 strategic investment to continue growth and development, and keep up with the speed of technology.
Flightdocs only has 2 different subscriptions. One is for Maintenance Tracking + Inventory (all features) and the other is for Flight Operations/Scheduling (all features). Contact our sales department for more information.
- Ease of use
- Workflow enhancements
- Immediate support
- Operational communication
- Maintenance planning
- Elimination of paperwork
- Mobile connectivity
The short answer is: Call our 24/7 live analysts at 1-800-747-4560 to request training, or any other reason you made need assistance.
The design and presentation of data in Flightdocs’ software solutions are so intuitive that they simplify flight departments’ experience, minimize learning curves and drastically increase efficiency. Many operations report that it takes less than an hour to start using the system, and to feel comfortable with it. When in doubt, customers lean on Flightdocs’ U.S.-based team for step-by-step instructional support.
Flightdocs offers all customers access to 24/7 live aviation specialists at any time, for any reason–from product training to grounded aircraft. Rated the best customer service professionals in the industry, they strive to answer each call within two rings, and offer step-by-step instructional support.
From the mouths of our customers:
- Service & Vision – “Customer service is really good, and I like that they seem one step ahead of [the competition].”
- Efficiency & Peace of Mind – “I don’t have to make as many phone calls, and it’s cut down on my workload. [The system is] pretty much worry-free. I don’t have to worry and monitor things.”
- Service – “On a Scale of 1-10, Flightdocs is probably 12-15. One of the best companies I have ever worked with as far as taking care of their customers. I am so impressed with its employees. Support is incredible.”
- Control – “For us, we’ve been able to gain control and change the whole way we’ve done things by creating work orders for even the littlest jobs.”
- Tracking & Service – “I can track things that are not even about my aircraft. I’m tracking inventory, controlled tools in different locations, NVG certifications. It’s an operational tracking tool for us – beyond a maintenance tracking tool. I can call anytime and that’s important for our type of operations.”
- Design – “Clean, easy to read, easy to use, easy to understand… operates like an iPhone.”
- Personalization – “My fleet is unique. Anything we put on the aircraft has a different inspection criteria. [HMX] was perfect. We were able to work out the needs I have for this unique fleet.”
- Design & Ease – “They are the most user-friendly [solution]—easiest to learn and teach. The technology is making our lives easier.”
- Design – Flightdocs’ software is “Color-coded and easy to work with; common sense and intuitive; and visually appealing and makes sense.”
- Technology & Tracking – “Flightdocs is bringing things that change our world. It’s a full operational program, not just maintenance tracking.”
- Service & Vision – “Flightdocs is a very young, talented, and motivated group of people”
- Service & Speed – “Customer support during and even after hours is on the spot. If you have an issue they fix it ASAP. Not calling someone [overseas]. Never get back to you tomorrow. Always doing it right then and there.”
We’d be happy to help! Click here to give us the details of your operation.
Flightdocs partners with Cirro, Avianis, BART, FOS and PFM to offer integrated services through our secure, web-based application programming interface (API). The API opens and maintains a secure connection between Flightdocs and third-party platforms for transferring data. If you are looking to integrate with a different vendor contact us directly.
Yes. Flightdocs can personalize your maintenance tracking to meet custom inspection programs. We’ll also update the system when the new revision is released.
Yes. Flightdocs works very closely with Dassault Falcon Jet to track and manage its Optimized Continuous Inspections Program (OCIP) on the system. The software layout makes it easy to view and monitor each block, just how the program intended.
Flightdocs’ information security practices, policies, and procedures are officially approved to meet the SOC 2 trust principles criteria for security, availability, processing integrity, and confidentiality.
- Flightdocs provides audit logs when users access data and for administrator activities
- Flightdocs provides roles-based access control for administrator activity and to sensitive data
Yes. Flightdocs maintains a publicly available system-status web page which includes system availability details, scheduled maintenance, service incident history, and relevant security events.
Yes. In addition, user passwords are salted, irreversibly hashed, and stored in Flightdocs’ database.
We have put a great deal of work into something we call our Flightdocs Control Framework (ACF), which combines the controls from external regulatory requirements and industry standards. We utilize this framework to implement controls internally and use external companies to evaluate and validate the implementation and operation of our controls. You can view the status of any of our certifications or reports on our Compliance page.
Flightdocs can provide a standard documentation package for customers outlining our Information Security Program.
Flightdocs encrypts customer data in transit and at rest. All customer data stored within Flightdocs cloud products and services is encrypted in transit over public networks using Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.1+ with Perfect Forward Secrecy (PFS) to protect it from unauthorized disclosure or modification. Data drives on servers holding customer data and attachments in FDE use full disk, industry-standard AES-256 encryption at rest.
Yes, all Flightdocs Cloud systems only use TLS, along with PFS, for communication. In line with Industry standards, we have removed support for SSL 3.
We have an extensive security program that includes ongoing testing of our our hosted systems and products. We also undertake third party independent assessments of our Cloud products. Our primary testing approach is through our public bug bounty for all of our cloud products and our server products.
If you discovered a vulnerability in one of our products, we appreciate if you let us know so we can get it fixed ASAP.
Flightdocs will absolutely complete questionnaires to ensure transparency and ensure the requester understands the total Flightdocs commitment to security and integrity. We have compiled responses to some of the most frequent standard questions and also proactively provide the standard Information Security Program.
Here at Flightdocs, we try our best to ensure our customers don’t experience an outage or a security incident. However, we acknowledge that a security incident has the potential to happen. The standard Flightdocs Information Security Program documents the Flightdocs procedures during a security incident.